Decsa is among the first Italian manufacturers of heat exchangers for evaporative condensers and closed circuit coolers. This equipment has been designed based on the company's own engineering developments.
Decsa was founded in 1975, although its predecessor, Termonova trade association, dates back to 1927. Since its foundation, the company has been manufacturing evaporative cooling equipment.
With expansion of production facilities and construction of a new plant, Decsa has become an independent company that produces packaged cooling towers of various types, as well as evaporative condensers based on innovative technologies developed by company’s experts.
• 1927 — Giuliano de Cardenas established his own company in Turin
• 1963 — De Cardenas plant was built in the city of Arcore near Milan
• 1975 — a new plant was built in Voghera, 50 km the south-west of Milan
• 1999 — Decsa quality assurance system was certified to ISO 9001
• 2004 — the company management passed from Gianluca to his son Nicola de Cárdenas
• 2010 — production facilities of the Voghera plant were expanded
• 2012 — the company opened a new production facility called DecsaCOIL, focused on production of heat exchangers
THE COMPANY’S FOUNDERS
The birth of Decsa brand is closely related to the Cárdenas family business. In 1927, a young engineer Giulio de Cardenas began his career as a representative of a famous American fan manufacturer. Afterwards, the enterprising young man went on to manufacture his own ventilation systems. After the early death of Giulio caused by an accident, the family business passed to his two sons, Roberto and Gianluca. They successfully continued the father's business, increasing the production capacity and expanding the production lines.
In 1975, a new plant was launched in Voghere, now under the Decsa name. The company still produces heat exchangers and evaporative cooling systems.
In 2004, the reins of the growing company were taken up by the third generation of the Cárdenas family in the person of Nicola de Cárdenas.
Italian equipment by Decsa has been installed in the largest plants and various industrial facilities in Europe, America, Asia and Africa.
The company's headquarters and the major plant are located in the city of Voghera (the province of Lombardy, Northern Italy).
The company has branch offices all over the world.
• 40 years of extensive experience in design and manufacture of heat exchangers
• 70% of production is being exported
• 87 years is the age of Cardenas family’s business
• 29 000 m2 is the area of the major plant and the headquarters housed in Voghere
• Cooling towers of various modifications (with axial or centrifugal fans)
• Evaporative coolers and condensers
• Ancillary equipment and accessories for cooling systems
• ISO 9001-2000