Goodman Global Corporation is one of the largest American producers of air conditioning and heating systems. Products lineup includes various units for air quality control. Goodman products inalterably meet the requirements developed more than 40 years ago by the founder of the company - Harold Goodman:
• Industry-leading quality assurance
• High reliability and performance in comparison with analogues
• Easy installation and mounting
• Maximum efficiency in providing cooling and heating processes
The impeccable adherence to the declared principles in the development of new models of equipment helped to make the Goodman brand one of the most popular in the field of industrial and commercial air conditioning, heating, ventilation.
Goodman company was founded in 1975 in San Antonio, Texas. Initially, it specialized in the production of flexible ducts. Brand’s formation stages are related to the acquisition of several companies specializing in the field of climate equipment manufacturing. Eventually, the company itself was absorbed by an even larger Daikin corporation.
Today Goodman is on the list of 100 largest private companies in the world.
• 1982 - Janitrol acquisition, entering the climate equipment market with a significantly expanded range of products
• 1986 - gas heating systems appeared in the lineup
• 1997 - merger with Raytheon Appliances, predecessor of Amana Corporation, specializing in the production of heating, ventilation and air conditioning
• 2001 - separation of a branch, engaged in the production of climate technology, into a separate company; manufacturing capacities associated with the production of other machinery were sold to Maytag Corporation
• 2004 - Goodman became a member of Apollo Management private joint-stock company, while the trade value for the brand came to $ 1.43 billion
• April, 2006 - Goodman shares were listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
• August 2012 - Hellman & Friedman, which at that time owned the brand Goodman Global, sells Daikin Industries Ltd for 3.7 billion dollars
ABOUT COMPANY’S FOUNDERS
Company's founder is Harold Goodman. Until recently, the company was headed by the experienced CEO Harold Swift. However, after the inclusion of the company into Daikin Corporation, a Japanese manager, Takeshi Ibisu, became its president and executive director.
The main office is based in Houston, Texas. In the US, the company owns 7 plants with a total area of more than 4 million m2. Most of the facilities are located in Houston, two plants are based in Dayton and Paintville, Tennessee. The representative offices of the brand are open all over the world, in particular in Spain, Germany, France, Lithuania, Romania, Greece, Kuwait, Turkey.
As a member of Daikin Corporation, the brand distributes its products in more than 90 countries.
• 2nd place among the world's largest manufacturers of air conditioning and ventilation equipment
• from 5 to 10 years - the warranty period for products under the Goodman brand
• more than 5000 employees
• 4 million m2 - the total area of production site in the US
• 3.7 billion dollars - the value of the company's assets in 2012
• Equipment for heating systems (air gas heaters)
• Ventilation and air conditioning systems (condensing units, evaporators, air conditioners)
• Humidity control equipment (humidifiers of different types)
• Accessories for ventilation equipment
• ISO 9001: 2008
• ISO 14001: 2004